Key to Abbreviated Titles
These references are not necessarily the source of the genealogical information and are not considered proof of the lineage, but rather
are references to where data about the individuals has been written or published.
- Appletons' Cyclopaedia of American Biography, 1888.
- History and Genealogy of the Ballous.
- BOSTON TRANSCRIPT
- Genealogical column of The Boston Transcript, published 1906-1941, available in many large libraries.
- BREWSTER GEN
- Brewster Genealogy by Emma C. Brewster Jones, 1908. The Brewster Genealogy 1566-1907; Record of the Descendants
of William Brewster of the Mayflower. CS71/B848/1908.
- History of Bristol County, MA, 1883.
- Simeon Church of Chester, Connecticut, by C. W. Church, 1914. CS71/C56/1914.
- COLONIAL CLERGY
- Pedigrees of the Descendants of the Colonial Clergy, 1976.
- CW RECORDS
- Massachusetts Soldiers, Sailors and Marines in the Civil War, 1937.
- Colonial Families of America.
- CRAPO GEN
- Certain Comeoverers, by Henry H. Crapo. 2 vols. New Bedford, MA, 1912.
- Alphabetized vital records to about 1850, from all Connecticut towns, as copied by Lucius B. Barbour. Available in bound
volumes and on microfilm at various genealogical libraries.
- John Damon of Scituate, Massachusetts
- DURFEE GEN
- The Descendants of Thomas Durfee of Portsmouth, RI, by William F. Reed. Vol. 1, 1902; Vol. 2, 1905, Washington, DC.
- EDDY GEN
- Eddy Genealogy. CS71/E2/1884.
- FAMILY RECORDS
- Information obtained from family members by telephone or correspondence.
- FEDERAL CENSUS
- Federal censuses for the locations and years as indicated.
- HENRY ALMY GEN
- Henry Augustus Almy, by Lloyd Huber Almy, Crafton, Pittsburgh, PA, 1956.
- Hicks Families of Rehoboth and Swansea, MA by Harriet Woodbury Hodge.
- HISTORIC FAM
- Historic Families of America - William Almy of Portsmouth, RI, 1630, by Charles Kingsbury Miller, Chicago, IL, 1897.
- HORACE M. ALMY
- History of the Family of Horace Manchester Almy. Private MS by Mignon Almy (1407-1C74-1)
- Howland Heirs, by William M. Emery, 1919.
- International Genealogical Index. Source of additional references.
- JEWETT GEN
- Jewett Genealogy, by Frederic C. Jewett, 1908. CS71/J6/1908.
- KITCHEL GEN
- Robert Kitchel and His Descendants, 1879. CS71/K63/1879.
- KNOX VR
- Vital records of Knox County, Indiana, located in Vincennes Public Library, the Lewis Library of Vincennes University, and
- LANCASTER CO.
- Lancaster County, Nebraska. Ref. F672/L2P8/1888.
- Descendants of William Almy of Portsmouth, RI, by Elva Lawton, Seattle, WA. Private MS available in the Newport
Historical Society and the Rhode Island Historical Society libraries.
- LITTLE COMPTON FAMS
- Little Compton Families. Published by the Little Compton Historical Society from records compiled by Benjamin F.
Wilbour. Providence, RI, 1967.
- Genealogy of the Luther Family in America, 1635 to 1913, by William O. Luther.
- Massachusetts vital records by towns indicated.
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register published by the New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston.
(Vol. 1 - Jan 1847)
- Manuscripts at the New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston.
- NE HIST
- Magazine of New England History, Vol II, Newport, RI, 1892.
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Record published by the Society. (Vol. 1 - 1870)
- POTTER GEN
- History and Genealogies of the Potter Families in America, by Charles Edward Potter, 1888.
- PROV VR
- Published vital records of the city of Providence, RI.
- Representative Men and Old Families of Southeastern Massachusetts, J. H. Beers & Co., 1912.
- Representative Men and Old Families of Rhode Island, J. H. Beers & Co., 1908.
- Genealogies of Rhode Island families, from the New England Historical & Genealogical Register. Two volumes by Gary
- RI GEN DICT
- The Genealogical Dictionary of Rhode Island, comprising three generations of settlers who came before 1690, by John O.
Austin. Albany, NY, 1887; repr. Baltimore, MD, 1969.
- Genealogy of the Almy Family in the Rhode Island Historical Society library, Providence, RI.
- Vital Records of RI, 1636-1850, by James N. Arnold. 21 vols. Providence, RI, 1891-1912.
- SENECA CO.
- History of Seneca County, NY, 1876.
- SLOCUM GEN
- Slocums of America, by Charles E. Slocum, 1882.
- Descendants of Thomas Lawton of Portsmouth, RI, by Elva Lawton. Private MS available in the Newport Historical
Society, Rhode Island Historical Society, and the New England Historical and Genealogical Society.
- WHEELER GEN
- History of the Wheeler Family in America, compiled by the American College of Genealogy under direction of Albert
Gallatin Wheeler, Jr., Boston, MA, 1914.
- WILCOX GEN
- Daniel Wilcox of Puncatest, by Herbert A. Wilcox, South Pasadena, CA, 1943.
- WILLIAMS GEN
- Roger Williams of Providence, RI.